LITIGATION AND ARBITRATION
- Dispute resolution by means of litigation or alternative dispute resolution arrangements;
- Appealing court judgments by means of appellate or cassation procedure;
- Disputes with banks, insurance companies, property management companies, etc.
- Debt recovery or prevention of recovery;
- Securing of claims: attachment of bank accounts and movable/immovable property;
- Recognition and enforcement in Latvia of arbitration awards and foreign court judgments.
IMMIGRATION AND CITIZENSHIP
- Assistance with applying for Latvian citizenship by descent, registration of dual citizenship of Latvian exiles;
- Assistance with applying for permanent and/or temporary residence permit in Latvia under the Investor Programme or on other grounds;
- Appealing the decisions rendered by Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs;
- Assistance in cases concerning repatriation to Latvia – help with preparing necessary paperwork and obtaining status of repatriate.
- Representation at courts and orphans’ court in matrimonial and parental responsibility matters;
- Recovery of child support or prevention of recovery;
- Determination of the parentage of a child and paternity disputes;
- Counseling on marriage contracts;
- Determination of separate custody or access rights to a child, division of spouse common property;
- Assistance with returning children from third countries in case of wrongful removal or retention of children in breach of custody rights.
- Drafting of sale-purchase contracts, pre-purchase agreements, lease agreements, mortgage contracts and other documentation;
- Supervision of real estate purchase transactions and registration of the buyer’s ownership;
- Representation of the buyer/seller during the sale of real estate;
- Management of the property: resolution of different issues with management companies, services providers, tenants, tax authorities, etc.
- Registration with Land Register of mortgages and encumbrance endorsements.
- Formation of companies (SIA, AS), branches and representative offices;
- Drafting of shareholder agreements and incorporation documents;
- Resolution of shareholder disputes;
- Liquidation of companies, registration of commercial pledges;
- Mergers & Acquisitions.
- Matters of abuse of dominant position, unfair driving out of the market;
- Matters of compliance with national and EU competition rules;
- Merger clearance;
- Representation before the Competition Council of Latvia, appealing decisions rendered by the Competition Council.
- Drafting of employment contracts, commercial secret and confidentiality agreements;
- Advising company management on the employment law compliance issues;
- Representation of employers in relations with State Labour Inspectorate;
- Issues surrounding the posting of workers to EU Member States;
- Disputes regarding termination of employment; drafting of necessary documentation for employee dismissals.
- Advising on issues of compliance with Consumer Law and UnfairCommercial Practice Prohibition Law;
- Representation at the Consumer Rights Protection Centre;
- Cross-border consumer protection cases;
- Drafting of consumer claims/responding to consumer claims;
- Appealing of the Consumer Rights Protection Centre’s decisions.
- Counseling on the issues of Latvian and EU succession regulation;
- Heir dispute resolution and representation in court;
- Assistance with cross-border succession matters;
- Lodging of creditor claims in respect of the estate with notary public;
- Disputing of wills and inheritance contracts;
- Matters concerning ‘estate without a claimant’;
- Exclusion of the suriving spouse’s share from the assets of the estate.
- Matters concerning insolvency proceedings of legal and natural persons;
- Assistance with initiating legal protection proceedings in Latvia;
- Lodging of creditor claims with appointed administrators;
- Cross-border insolvency matters;
- Appealing against appointed administrator decisions and actions;
- Protecting members of the board against administrator claims.
- Resolution of disputes concerning infringement of copyright and neighbouring rights;
- Resolution of disputes over patents, design rights and trademarks;
- Representation before the Patent Office in Latvia and Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market (OHIM);
- Drafting and lodging of written appeal or opposition with the Board of Appeal;
- General counseling in the area of copyright, trade secrets and other Intellectual Property;
- Registration of patents, designs, trademarks in European Union.